Prayer makes a difference. God loves it when children pray.
“Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read, “‘From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise’?” Matthew 21:16
There are so many issues that children and teenagers should not have to confront, especially in cities of developing countries where Viva is at work: problems that deny the opportunity of a secure and loving family life that God intended.
In this, the 21st anniversary year of the World Weekend of Prayer, let’s mobilise a million children to pray and listen to God: that lasting change may result.
Resources for WWP 2017
- A guide to this year’s event. Some translations are available now below, with others to follow.
- Study and discussion outline in English and in Spanish
- Children’s activity ideas in English and in Spanish
- A webinar training programme to train church leaders how to teach children to pray to and listen to God. Watch Sessions 1 and 2 below. Sign up for session 3 on 15 May by clicking here.
- An illustrated children’s prayer book with pictures produced by children showing the story of Hannah and pictures of issues facing children.
– View it online by clicking here.
– Printed copies now available – order yours for free now by emailing email@example.com and including name and address details, and how many you would like (up to 10 in the UK; 5 ROW).
- Virtual prayer space, to allow children to post prayers and picture-prayers in the weeks leading up to the event and afterwards. To follow.
- Reprise of the World Weekend of Prayer song, ‘Small but mighty’, from 2016: on guitar and on piano.
To follow shortly:
Chrissie Wilkinson and Jane Mackie share their stories and experiences of children’s prayer, with the aim of inspiring leaders to connect children with the heart of God.
Jane Mackie from Children’s Prayer Network Australia gives her insights into and experience of children’s prayer by talking through steps 1 and 2 from her book ‘Kids Pray’:
1. Get rid of the junk – repenting, especially in small groups
2. Relationship check with God and each other – reconciliation
This campaign is a global initiative held over the first weekend of June every year, uniting hundreds of thousands of adults and children across more than 40 countries.